The student news site of Centennial High School - Frisco, Texas

Cen10 News

• Welcome To The Titan Times!
  • Welcome to The Titan Times!
  • Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @Cen10News

Cen10 News

Cen10 News

Bright Minds and Futures; The Power of Illumination Learning

Adithi Chiranji
Adithi Chiranji at ICE! at the Gaylord Texan for Illumination Learning

FRISCO, TEXAS – Nowadays, there are so many things to learn in school. From knowing how to write a thesis to how the water cycle works, students have to commit to learning numerous topics to keep up. But sometimes, trying to understand these topics can be difficult, no matter the age of the student.  

Introducing Illumination Learning, a non-profit organization dedicated to the tutoring of students across the country. Based in Ashburn Virginia, they have managed to reach and spread to Texas and the Frisco area. 

Tutors can teach kids as young as kindergarten to young tweens in eighth grade. The subjects available are math, english, science, and history. 

The founders, college students Vyshnavi Telukuntla and Aditi Shanbhag in Virginia, created Illumination Learning because they wanted to give students the knowledge they need for future success. 

Even though their organization doesn’t originate from Texas, they have managed to make it to Texas, giving opportunities to high school students by giving them volunteer hours and chances to become better mentors. 

Sophomore Adithi Chinranji at Centennial is the Co-president currently. She works with her peer, Samhita Maddikunta to run Illuminate. 

“At the moment, my main role of my position is supervising student and tutor affairs. I interview and keep in touch with tutors, which will eventually be passed down to the board members who are currently in training.” 

Even though the organization was inactive for the past year, Illuminate Learning still has some more plans coming. 

The plan is to bring in a peer tutoring program, which was designed and created because the board members noticed how even the tutors wanted help with their schoolwork. This program will bring volunteering hours and leadership opportunities to those who choose to participate. 

Currently, students can sign up to be tutors and even become board members to help students through different school topics. If any questions pop up, contact Illumnate Learning at their email, [email protected].

Facebookredditpinterestlinkedinmail