Timeline for Superintendent Search

Laura Nicolescu, Co-Editor-In-Chief

A timeline and community engagement plan were established last week to assist Frisco ISD trustees in their search to replace retiring superintendent Dr. Jeremy Lyon, who announced he will be retiring in June.

The school board hopes to name a lone finalist by the last week of school, enabling FISD staff to know who its new leader will be before summer break.

Employees and community members will have the opportunity voice their thoughts on a superintendent profile at both internal meetings and public forums. Community forums are set for May 1 at Wakeland High School and May 3 at Independence High School. Both meetings will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. in the school cafeterias.

The board chose Jenny Preston Educational Consulting as the search firm to lead the superintendent search April 13. Dr. Preston will visit with staff and a board-appointed focus group throughout the day on Wednesday.

Preston is former superintendent of Allen ISD and has nine years combined experience leading a district – seven in Allen and two in Graham ISD. She is currently co-partner in Strategic Planning for Practitioners and has led more than 40 districts in Texas and Oklahoma through a comprehensive strategic planning process, including FISD in 2015. Dr. John Horn, retired Mesquite ISD superintendent, will assist her in the FISD search.

In addition, an online survey is now available regarding qualities desired in the next superintendent.