The student news site of Centennial High School - Frisco, Texas

Cen10 News

• Welcome To The Titan Times!
  • Welcome to The Titan Times!
  • Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @Cen10News

Cen10 News

Cen10 News

Embracing the Nostalgic Cinema of Football Season & Homecoming

A Letter From The Editor
Centennial+High+School+student+section+at+Toyota+Stadium+at+the+first+2023-2024+varsity+football+game.+
Alexa Pace
Centennial High School student section at Toyota Stadium at the first 2023-2024 varsity football game.

As summer says it’s goodbye and the fall season arrives, football season is live and homecoming is around the corner. This point during high school is special, as it feels like you’re in the middle of your favorite movie scenes, where our everyday lives are eventful, and we’re the main characters of our own show. 

Football isn’t just a game; it’s a thrilling blockbuster played live. That stadium becomes the cinematic stage, and the players are the heroes of the storyline. With every touchdown, interception, and field goals we’re living through the highs and lows of the season. High school football games are filled with nostalgia, these Friday night lights aren’t as much about the game but more about the entire experience. It’s a time where classmates come together and dress up showing off their school spirit. Football season is a time where the entire school comes together and different groups intertwine, regardless of differences. 

The experience doesn’t end at the game, the tradition of heading out with friends and getting food together is a highlight of football season. It’s the scene of the movie when you’re at the local fast food restaurant, opened till late at night, filled with several different groups of high school students, with lots of laughter and chatter. It’s clear that football season isn’t only about the touchdowns but also those shared experiences that make you feel like you’re living in a movie.  

Homecoming is another significant event that takes place in the fall season, which Centennial is only a few weeks away from. Homecoming is a cinematic journey where every moment feels larger than life. Homecoming is less about the event but again the experience, for some the preparations begin months in advance. The anticipation of figuring out that carefully chosen dress, it’s like stepping into a scene of a coming-of-age movie where characters are getting ready together for the big event, trying out new hairstyles, and makeup techniques. 

Of course, the grand scene of the grand entrance of homecoming. The dance floor comes alive with swirling colors and dazzling lights. The colorful lights mirror the vibrancy of youth, creating an atmosphere where every step feels choreographed, and every smile is out of pure joy. Homecoming is more than just a school event; it’s a cinematic journey filled with unforgettable moments and lifelong memories that resemble the movies. Homecoming goes beyond the venue, just like the memorable party scenes from the iconic high school movies where friends gather and create memories that will last a lifetime. 

What makes the fall season truly memorable is the realization that it’s a one time production. Each football game and homecoming is a unique chapter of our lives, with its own cast, script, and backdrop. It’s the reminder to live in the moment, embrace each moment, and each version of ourselves. The fall season offers us the chance to escape our reality, where every kickoff, dance step, and shared laugh becomes a scene to remember. As we reflect on the unique charm of fall, we’re reminded that life is a series of moments, each with its own narrative.